Our Dental Services
Dr. David O’Donnell is a dentist in Lynchburg VA specializing in general, cosmetic and restorative dentistry including smile makeovers. O’Donnell Dentistry’s dental services are designed to help you maintain healthy teeth and gums for a lifetime, while enhancing your appearance and self-confidence. To learn more about the dental services offered at our office in Lynchburg, please click on any of the links below.
About O’Donnell Dentistry
We pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence, integrity, and quality dental care through the variety of dental services we provide. You will always be cared for with respect, and receive the individual dental care attention you deserve. As a Lynchburg Va dentist, Doctor O’Donnell and his caring staff provides each of our patients with a friendly, personalized and gentle experience.
Emergency Patients Seen Same Day including Saturday call (434) 385-8888
What Our Patients Are Saying
I want to welcome Dr. David O’Donnell to Lynchburg. I am writing this review to thank Dr. O’Donnell and his staff for the excellent care I have received and kindness from everyone in the office. After having one dentist for many years, I never thought I could feel comfortable with another dentist. It did not take me long to find out that Dr. O’Donnell is a true professional. Thank you for doing an outstanding job as my new dentist. Your patience, pleasant attitude, gentle-pain free, excellent dental care and your staff make my visits a pleasurable experience. I will certainly be referring my friends and anyone looking for a new dentist to your practice. Please feel free to use me as a reference to other patient’s of yours. I have worked in the dental field thirty plus years.
- Jane F. Vicchio
One of the main things that sets O’Donnell Dentistry apart from other dentists in the Lynchburg, Virginia area is that we focus on patients and not on profits. People consistently mention this when reviewing our services or after an appointment at our clinic. That means you can depend on our staff to explain all of your options rather than sell you on a specific procedure. Dr. O’Donnell and all of us here at O’Donnell Dentistry only want what is best for your long-term oral health.
Meeting the Dental Needs of the Entire Family
We recommend that everyone in the family visit us at least once every six months for a routine cleaning and exam. Infants should visit us by their first birthday or six months after the first teeth have erupted. In addition to receiving a professional cleaning, your bi-annual oral hygiene appointment gives Dr. O’Donnell the opportunity to detect, diagnose, and treat any dental health issues before they cause serious problems. This may include issues such as oral tumors, impacted wisdom teeth, infections, jaw pain, and more.
When you do need additional treatment, you can relax knowing that the staff at O’Donnell Dentistry offers gentle care while answering your questions in a friendly manner. The following are just some of the dental services we offer:
- Dental Crowns: When your tooth is cracked, chipped, badly decayed, or weakened for any reason, a crown helps to strengthen and preserve it. Dr. O’Donnell places the crown over the top of a back tooth to provide this protection. With proper care, dental crowns last an average of 10 years.
- Fillings: After diagnosing a cavity, Dr. O’Donnell treats it with a silver amalgam, composite, or other type of filling. Silver amalgam, also known as metal fillings, consist of mercury, copper, zinc, tin, and silver. These types of fillings have existed for decades and are the most popular. We may also be able to offer you a composite filling using materials that are the same shade as your teeth. This allows your treated teeth to blend in seamlessly with your other teeth.
- Bridges: A dental bridge is often an ideal option when you are missing a single tooth or a few consecutive teeth. Dr. O’Donnell attaches metal brackets to the back of each of the surrounding teeth to hold the new dental bridge in place.
- Dentures: Removable dentures can replace several teeth or all of your natural teeth.
- Dental Implants: This is a non-removable alternative to dentures. Your dentist first installs new artificial tooth roots and then allows up to several months for your jaw to heal and the bones to fuse around the new roots. Once that has occurred, he attaches the new replacement teeth.
O’Donnell Dentistry also offers several cosmetic dentistry procedures. Professional teeth whitening eliminates staining from your teeth while brightening the shade by up to 10 times. Porcelain veneers disguise stains and gaps between teeth with a wafer-thin piece of ceramic that Dr. O’Donnell attaches to the front of your teeth. These are just two of the most requested cosmetic dentistry options. Some services, such as dental implants, composite fillings, or porcelain crowns are both cosmetic and restorative in nature.
Please contact us with any questions you have about dental services or to schedule an appointment. Our entire staff looks forward to serving you.